Everyone loves a good Espresso Martini. What’s not to like - the coffee part is the perfect pick me up after a long day and there’s just enough alcohol to give you a welcomed buzz. For this edition of Evachill drink ideas we’re focusing on the best Espresso Martini cocktail recipe ever because, let’s face it, we wanted an excuse to drink Espresso Martinis under the guise of research!
How to make the perfect Espresso Martini cocktail
50ml of vodka
35ml of Kahlua
25ml (1 strong shot) of espresso
Coffee beans to garnish
1. Firstly, fill a Martini glass with ice to keep it nice and chilled.
2. Next, pour the vodka, Kahlua, espresso and remaining ice into a cocktail shaker.
4. Empty the ice from the Martini glass, then put a strainer over the cocktail shaker and carefully pour your cocktail through a sieve into your glass. The sieve and strainer combo help to create the smooth froth that sits at the top of the Espresso Martini!
5. Garnish your drink with a few coffee beans sprinkled on top.
6. Finally, enjoy!
Fun variants to the classic Espresso Martini
Here are some interesting alternatives to the recipe and presentation of this classic cocktail that you can try.
1. If you find Espresso Martinis are a little too bitter to enjoy, then just add a little sugar syrup to the other ingredients in the cocktail shaker. The more sugar syrup you add the sweeter your drink will be so add as much as you need.
2. Some bartenders like to garnish Espresso Martinis with a twist of lemon zest alongside the coffee beans.
3. The International Bartenders Association defines the perfect espresso as a ristretto. A ristretto has a shorter extraction time and produces less liquid than a shot of espresso, so they recommend making 2 ristrettos to make up to the size of a standard espresso.
4. Melt some milk chocolate on a plate and dip the top of your martini glass in it. This adds a little sweetness to your drink as you drink it and makes your cocktails look pretty interesting.
5. Try adding cream (according to taste) and 1 shot of vanilla liqueur to the other ingredients in the cocktail shaker for a sweeter tasting cocktail that sits between a classic Espresso Martini and a delightful White Russian.
6. Instead of garnishing your cocktail with coffee beans, grate cinnamon or nutmeg over the top of your Espresso Martini for a festive twist.
If you like to enjoy your cocktails at dinner parties, want to surprise your colleagues with drinks at cheeky Friday afternoon “meetings” or simply want to take your cocktails to the beach because life is too short, then consider purchasing an Evachill bottle. It’s made from premium double-walled stainless steel to keep your drinks cold for 24 hours. So you can make your Espresso Martinis in the morning, fill up your Evachill and they’ll still be perfectly ice cold for the evening whenever and wherever you please.